Seeking two dancers in Singapore for my newest dance-theatre work ‘Singlish’ and we are also holding an open cartier bracelet prices uk
exchange to meet dancers and actors in Singapore for future productions.
(1) Singapore Audition for Contemporary and Traditional Dancers
(2) Open Exchange for Dancers of All Forms
Theatre of Rhythm and Dance (Australia) is seeking two professional female or male dancers – a Contemporary dancer and a Traditional Indian dancer for a new dance-theatre work, SINGLISH by Australian choreographer, Annalouise Paul.
This new Australia-Singapore collaboration, ‘Singlish’ (working title) explores identities in transition through loss and erosion of languages and literature, which shape culture and identities. Using phonetics of local languages and creoles, rich choreographic scores will be drawn from grassroots writings, popular fiction and literature and dance as an unspoken language that can transcend literal meaning.
Essential: Strong technique and professional performance experience. Dancers need to be willing to explore new processes through task-based work, improvisation and work with spoken text. Basic use of a language other than English for both dancers is preferred. Traditional Indian dance form may be any style, e.g. BN, Kathak, Odissi etc.
- SINGAPORE DANCE AUDITIONS (2017):
- Tuesday 31 January, 10.00am – 1.00pm. Audition for Contemporary and Traditional Indian dancers. Singaporean or PR.
Dancers are expected to attend the Open Exchange, the following day as part of your audition. Please advise if this is not possible.
- Wednesday 1 February, 10.00am – 1.00pm. Open Exchange. This will be an open session for dancers of any form, style or nationality to participate in a movement-based exchange with Annalouise, exploring the themes in the work using text and language. Open to emerging artists, artists with a disability, actors with an interest in movement. All are welcome.
Venue: Singapore Repertory Theatre, Rehearsal Studio 2. Address: 25 Tai Seng Avenue, Level 2, Singapore 534104
Important note: Once selected from the Singapore audition, both dancers should be ready to start work the following week on Monday 6 February.
- PROJECT STAGES & SCHEDULE:
- Stage 1: 6-17 February 2017. Mon-Fri, 9.00am – 5.00pm. Studio: SRT Rehearsal Studios.
- Stage 2: Sept 2017. Malaysia: Rimbun cartier bracelet of anastasia steele quotes
Dahan 4 weeks. Dates TBC
- Stage 3: Performance season March 2018 Sydney. Further dates and cities TBC.
Contract period: ‘Singlish’ is being developed over various stages throughout 2017-2018. There are two contracts:
- The Contemporary dancer must be available for ALL Stages.
- The Traditional Indian dancer is required for Stage 1 only.
Fees: Artists will be paid a project fee and offered flights, per diems and accommodation for the international contracted periods.
- REGISTRATION DETAILS:
Please register your interest for Dancers’ Audition by email by 23 January 2017 by sending the following; Watch movie online The Transporter Refueled (2015)
- A bio or CV
- A headshot
- 2-3 links of you dancing or performing live. No promo show reels. Links only (Youtube, Vimeo etc). Please do not send media files (mov, for eg). N.B. If you do not have any links, please mention this in the email.
- Following your registration we will contact you with more information about the audition.
Please register your interest for Open Exchange by email by 23 January 2017 by sending the following;
- Your name, contact details and a short statement on how this might be valuable or of interest for you to participate.
For more information, contact Tania Goh via email or mobile (+65. 973 777 03)
About Theatre of Rhythm and Dance
Theatre of Rhythm and Dance is an Australian Arts in Asia Award winner 2013 and NSW Premier’s Export Scholarship winner 2013. Annalouise’s choreographic work explores identity and transformation through the intersection of traditional and contemporary forms. All artists will be credited as collaborators in this new work.
Co-produced by SaltShaker Arts Management (Singapore) and Theatre of Rhythm and Dance (Australia).
‘Singlish’ is supported through National Arts Council Singapore, Rimbun Dahan (Malaysia) and Parramasala Festival (Australia).